While knowledge of the Titanosaur is not new to Ark survivors, it is definitely something that the majority have wanted for quite some time. The PC has had the update for quite sometime, but for the Xbox version, update v738 has just now gone live. You can expect to see several updates to the original Island map, otherwise known as TheArk as it’s filed. Primarily the Redwood biome, located around the volcano. There are other various cosmetic upgrades to the island such as ruins, added.
For those wondering if the Center map will receive the same sort of update with the Redwood biome, then you are in luck. While it is a bit further behind, developers currently have a mod team dedicated to bringing the latest biome to the Center.
The latest updates give all of the following:
- New Mechanic: Custom Tripwire Alarm Notifications via SurviveTheArk.com (E-mail and Forum). Optionally Tribes can post to arbitrary URL, if they have a custom system! Now if someone’s raiding your base, you can get on top of it!
- New Item: Herbivore “TastyCakes”, help your herbivores regen health faster
- GroundClutter effect extended 50% further and +20% more GPU efficiency
- Balled Doed’s are no longer invincible to Tamed Dino melee attacks — now just very, very resistant to them.
- Magnfiying Glass now displays creature Torpor stats (on Wild creatures too).
- Tribe Alliances now disabled in Offline Raid mode (too complex to determine if anyone in an Alliance is around), C4/Traps can no longer be placed near Offline-Raid Protected Structures, and Offline-Raid mode now forces all Structures to be Lockable so that players can “Lock” Crop Plots to prevent their turrets from being disabled.
- New Server Option: “?PreventTribeAlliances=true” to prevent tribe alliances
- Engagement with Wild Naturally-Fleeing & Small creatures (tiny bugs etc) no longer trigger combat music
- Tamed Dinos that are following a submerged allied Target will not attempt to float to the surface of the water, but rather will attempt to stay at the depth of their allied Target. (helpful when deliberately going deep-diving your tamed land Dinos). However, Dinos that are capable of suffocating will try to surface if they are out of Oxygen regardless!
- Vaults can no longer be dropped onto saddle platforms
- Transfer-All/Drop-All methods now only drop/transfer what is currently disabled in the inventory, respecting any filters/folders you may have active (so for example, if you’re within a folder, it will only transfer those items, or if you have a text filter active, etc).
- Fixed an issue where pillars were not being calculated correctly as foundations when building pillars downwards
- Massive +33% rendering gains with any translucent rendering (particles, greenhouse windows, etc).