Ark: Survival Evolved received its first major patch for its Xbox One version of the dinosaur filled survival game on Friday. Studio Wildcard added various fixes, rebalancing of Dinos, the addition of 100+ servers, and the addition of the giant prehistoric kangaroo mount, the Procoptodon.
The Procoptodon first appeared in the PC version of the game in late 2015. This creature possesses great jumping ability and the ability to not only ride it, but to have a player ride as a passenger in the pouch of the creature. Players who ride in the creature’s pouch will have access to all of their weapons while coming along for the ride! Click here to see the Procoptodon’s massive leaping ability in action!
The Xbox One Ark update was released as update v730.0 and a small executable update v729.9 which include the following patch notes below:
v730.0 (1.3GB Update)
- All the PC Functionality, Fixes, & Content up through PC version v231.9 (Fireplace, Procoptodon, Dino Rebalance, etc)
- Fixed Cave Loading crash/fall-thru
- Improved performance: better framerate, less stalls
- Fixed crosshair not appearing
- Fixed some cases where you could lose character save data in local mode
- Fixed fur armor colorization
- Added 100+ more Official Servers
- Improved speed of server listing
- Fixed Taming Dinos losing Inventories/messed-up-Inventories upon reloading singleplayer save game
- Fixed a memory leak that was typically causing crashes around the Volcano area
- Increased server difficulty from 2.0 to 4.0, same as PC
v729.9 (Small executable update)
- Fixed an issue where many Player-Hosted sessions were not joinable!
- “Full” Servers are now listed! Also increased server list size to 250 so that ALL Official Servers are listed (100-server search limit causing some servers to not appear)
- Server Bookmarks now save!
- Server Bookmarks are automatically added for any servers that you join (to help you find your server if you didn’t remember the name)
- Session List Ping should work properly now (and the servers are now default ordered by Ping)
- LB+Start now opens Tribe Chat (text chat)
- Plugging in a controller no longer signs you out of your gameplay
- Hidden Engrams are no longer displayed on client (Primitive servers etc)
- Server Broadcast messages now respect player communication privilege
- Reloading ( X ) with the hand-held Map out now opens the UI to Apply/Remove Map Pins
- Player Actions Wheel now only shows the Poop option if you can Poop (tee hee hee).
- You can now Press Start in the Inventory of an activateable structure to toggle its active state (campfire etc)
- Improved Structure destruction vfx
- Fixed issue where you couldn’t interact with some nearby Dinos / Access Inventories in Singleplayer / when Hosting
- Fixed a singleplayer crash that could occur randomly when moving through the world
- Doubled the Slider Ranges on the ‘Host Game’ UI (in a future patch will uncap it with editboxes ala PC)
Studio Wildcard is planning to release a update adding split-screen to the survival game in early 2016.
Ark:Survival Evolved released on Xbox One as part of Xbox One’s Preview Program in mid-December. The game achieved 1 million downloads in very little time, note that the game is available through a trial version. The Full Xbox One Preview version costs $35.
The full finished version of Ark: Survival Evolved is planned for release this summer for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.