Gears of War: Ultimate will be getting a mandatory 5Gb Update today, The Coalition detailed all the changes in a blog post. The Update which must be downloaded to play online will release by February 23rd 9AM (PST).
- Kills in Social playlists now also count towards the ‘Seriously’ achievement
When we introduced our new Competitive Playlists to make our offering more focused, ‘Seriously’ only counting kills in Competitive didn’t make as much sense. As such, we’ve now updated the achievement to count both Social and Competitive playlist kills so you can work towards the achievement in any mode you want!
- Improvements to Boomshot hit registration
At times, the Boomshot has had inconsistent performance. We’ve addressed a few of these items that should help the Boomshot perform more consistently – including a fix that should resolve the issue where the Boomshot fails to damage an enemy when fired at their feet. Thanks you to all our fans who provided detailed feedback and videos that helped us improve the way the Boomshot performs.
- Addressed some matchmaking issues that caused long wait times
- Improvements to hit registration on downed enemies (sponging)
- Small improvements to the Left Trigger Issue
- Fixed hit detection when shooting an enemy in cover against the top pillars on Clocktower
- Removed POI on Right Stick for Alternate Control Scheme
- Bug fixes and general improvements
These issues were chosen based on a mix of community feedback and design decisions to improve the quality of life for our fans playing Ultimate Edition!
Besides the above changes, they will bring the following Playlist Updates:
- Increased Execution XP to better match the gain in other modes
Execution is a mode that can be highly rewarding, but also extremely punishing. To better reward players who take on the challenge of Execution, we’ve increased the XP gain in the mode significantly.
- Moved Blitz from Competitive to Social
- Added a new Competitive TDM playlist
We’ve been excited to see such a positive reaction to the new, faster Blitz mode. We wanted to address community feedback about quitters impacting games – as such, we’ve moved Blitz to Social so join in progress backfilling can replace any teammates who quit. To ensure fans of Respawn Gametypes have an option to play a competitive matchmaking experience, we’ve added an additional TDM playlist to the game in the Competitive category.
- Returned Warzone as a permanent playlist
- Returned Assassination as a playlist for a limited time
Warzone is also returning as a permanent social playlist based on fan feedback. While Assassination has returned as a playlist, this is for a limited time only – we will be returning the event to ‘special event’ status in the future.
Also, The Coalition will add a ‘Seriously TDM’ playlist that will allow you and a bunch of friends to work towards the Seriously achievement in game. This will be available until 12PM February 29th, so get cracking.