The gaming community has had some recent bad news. Manabu Daishima, graphic designer of Square Enix has recently passed away. On July 30 Daishima was found unconscious at the Izo Kaiyu Koen Diving Center in Japan. Daishima was reportedly diving with two other people at before he lost consciousness, said by cgm. He was taken to the hospital, where he later passed away. Daishima was only 45 years of age, but still had so much more to prove. Our hearts & prayers from Ticgn go out to the friends and family that are going through this such unexpected tragedy. Please take a moment to view the games and designs Manabu Daishima has touched on and created. This is just a small highlight of his greatness.
Manage Daishima’s Work
- Monster design in Romancing SaGa
- Background graphics for SaGa frontier
- Battle effect graphics in Parasite Eve
- Field graphics for Chrono Trigger
- Field map design for Final Fantasy IX
- 3D map design for Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII,
- 3D map background design for Final Fantasy XII.
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King in 2008.
It is never easy to see someone in the industry pass away. Especially someone who has influenced so many in his creations. Please leave a message in the comment section at the bottom of this page. We here at TICGN would love to hear how his art influenced your gaming life.