We now know what will be included within the Call of Duty: WW2 beta. The private multiplayer beta — which is exclusively available to players who have pre-ordered the title — will include at least three maps, franchise favourite gameplay modes, and more. The program will run from August 25th-28th on PS4. Another beta for both PS4 and Xbox One will last from September 1st-4th.
According to Call of Duty: WW2 developer Sledgehammer Games, the beta will introduce players to the game’s two new major features: Divisions and War mode.
Divisions is a new version of the upgrade system that will see players choose from five classes — Infantry, Expeditionary, Airborne, Armored, and Mountain Division — as opposed to the ‘create-a-class’ system players have been using in previous installments.
War mode is Call of Duty’s new large scale battle experience which pitches Allies vs Axis fighters. This immersive game mode has been built by Sledgehammer in collaboration with Raven Software and will see players fight across the war-torn village of St. Lo, France.
However, the beta won’t support a variety of multiplayer functions that will be releasing with the base game come November 3rd. Notable absences include the game’s new social experience headquarters, full player progression, supply drops, and loot. Certain maps, modes, weapons, kill-streaks, and equipment will be missing as well.
From Sledgehammer Games:
Here’s an overview on what you should expect in the Private Multiplayer Beta:
- Maps – At least three Multiplayer maps, including: Pointe Du Hoc, Ardennes, and Gibraltar.
- War Mode – Operation Breakout
- Modes – Fan-favorite modes, including Team Deathmatch, Domination, and Hardpoint.
- Divisions – Enlist in the Infantry, Expeditionary, Airborne, Armored, or Mountain Division. You are not limited to any one Division, and we encourage you to try them all!
- Progression – Players will begin at Soldier Rank 1 and rank up through a limited progression to unlock weapons, scorestreaks, equipment, and Basic Training Skills.
Here’s what you should not expect in the Private Multiplayer Beta:
- Headquarters – We’re testing the match-making of this all-new social experience, but access to this space will not be active during the Multiplayer Beta.
- Supply Drops, and Loot – These customization features that add depth and personality to your soldier will not be included in the Multiplayer Beta.
- Esports – Ranked Play, Game Battles, and our suite of competitive features will be accessible when we release in November.
- Additional content not in the Private Multiplayer Beta includes: full progression, remaining maps and modes, additional War Mode maps, and the full armory of weapons, scorestreaks, Basic Training, and equipment.
Call of Duty: WW2 releases worldwide on November 3rd for Playstation 4, Xbox One and Microsoft Windows. If you have pre-ordered the title but haven’t registered for the beta, you can do so here.