Xbox Live’s Major Nelson just posted info on the new features coming to the Xbox app on Windows 10, preview build 10158. Once the updated preview build has been received, the Xbox app should be at version number 6.6.27004.00000 or higher.
These new features include:
- My Games – As you install games from the Windows Store, they will appear in your My Games list. Additionally, you can manually add games to your collection by selecting My games > Add a game from your PC. Also, there is now a Featured games section on the home screen, below your Recently played list.
- Game hubs – You can now launch a local PC game from its game hub, view details about the game in the Windows Store, and find and follow People to Watch for a given game. Additionally, for Xbox One games, you can now choose Play from console to initiate a game streaming session from a game hub page.
- Share with your friends – You can share your achievements to your Activity feed and Showcase just like you do on Xbox One. You can also share your Xbox One Game clips or Screenshots listed under Game DVR > Shared to your Activity Feed and Showcase.
- Xbox avatars – We renamed the Avatars app on Windows 10 to Xbox Avatars and the layout and iconography have been updated to final designs. In this month’s preview, there is a “Take a photo” feature so you can pose your avatar and snap a photo.
- Xbox account – In preview, you can sign in to Xbox on Windows 10 with any account, and create a new Xbox account if you do not already have one.
These features come in addition to the backwards compatibility and game streaming from the Xbox One to PC. It seems the whole Xbox feature set is slowly working its way into the Xbox app on Windows 10. This allows gamers to experience the sharing, information, and experiences they have on the Xbox One console with their PCs.