The PS4 system software update 4.00 has been available in beta mode for a select few, lucky gamers. Well, the time has come for the rest of us to see what all the hype is about. That’s right, our friends at PlayStation Blog have announced that PS4 system software update 4.00 will be available for download on September 13th – that’s tomorrow!
This update will include a host of brand new features, much needed updates to current features and applications, along with an interface refresh. Below is a more detailed breakdown of some of the features we already knew about along with a few additions we did not know of.
- What’s New section sees a total revamp allowing you to interact with friend’s activities much easier
- Improved Notifications that stand out much more
- Brand New system backgrounds
Folders and Content
- Create folders to organize your content
- Easily organize, edit, and delete folders
- Live Detail included with each game to give you deeper up to the minute details
- Library sorting options now includes a Search option so you can get to the games you want to see immediately.
Updated Quick and Share Menu
- Customize your menu so that you can have access to your most used features without leaving your game.
- Press Share button during gameplay to start a live broadcast and share videos and screen shots to social media much quicker without having to leave the game.
- Share screen shots easily to any Community wall and now you can even reply directly to player comments.
PS4 Pro Updates
- 1080p streaming for Remote Play
- 1080p streaming for Share Play
- 1080p 30/60fps live broadcasting on You Tube and Twitch
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) settings available
See some of the features described above in this video presentation. Be sure to let us know which feature or updates you are most excited for in the comments below!