According to GFK Chart-Track 53% of physical copies of Rainbow Six Siege sold in the UK were for Xbox One. This leaves 47% of copies that were PS4, and 0% for PC physical copies of the game.
This is good news for Microsoft and Microsoft fans alike! Multiplatform games tend to sell more on PS4 at launch, so to see Xbox One leading in physical copies for Rainbow Six Siege is a win for Microsoft. During its launch week, Need for Speed sold two-thirds of its physical copies for PS4 alone.
That is a huge percentage seeing as the rest was divided among the remaining platforms. Just Cause 3 also sold more physical copies for PS4 during its launch by selling 55% of its copies for PS4. This is while Xbox One saw 43% and PC 2%.
While Rainbow Six Siege did not hit top 5, it is Number 6 for top games that have been sold this week. Ubisoft has not released any numbers for total sales as of now.
The Tactical-Shooter Rainbow Six Siege received many accolades during its reveal at E3 2014. The game has received mixed and mostly positive reviews from critics. The game features a team based experience highlighted in its “Siege Day” event that was held in Los Angeles last month.
The event featured many gamers, YouTube personalities, Twitch streamers, and even celebrities Will Arnett (Arrested Development) and Ben Schwartz (House of Lies) were all seen communicating and coordinating with their team in order to try and secure victory.
Rainbow Six Siege is currently available for Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC.