The Walking Dead Michonne is the third entry to Telltale’s The Walking Dead universe. It takes place after Michonne had already left Ezekiel and the others behind. This series you will see why Michonne did this unexpected act, and brought her back home. Is The Walking Dead Michonne miniseries worth your hard earned money ? Well I guess you are going to have stick around to find out. Or if you are short on time and want to see the score, just skip right to the bottom. This review may contain Spoilers.
The Walking Dead Michonne story gives a lot of choices you can make, and depending on your choices you have made, decides what your story is. This review is going to center around my choices that I chosen. Now in this particular type of game you have to think about the cause and the effect while [email protected]@t gets real. So I will give you my cause and effects as well as the choices that I made.
Episode one: In Too Deep – Cause and effects.
- I did not try to end Michonne’s life so I put the gun down.
- I made entry to the abandoned ferry boat by claiming the ladder.
- I played it cool. I gave Randall the duffle bag, and I did not resist arrest.
- During interrogation, I told Norma that I did not know Sam and Greg.
- I stopped Sam from trying to shoot Zachary.
- Because Michonne didn’t pull the trigger, she had greater character development throughout the story.
- Because I made entry on the ferry boat by climbing up the ladder and in the door. It allow Michonne and Pete to safety make their way to the store to discover that a couple of Kids named Greg and Sam stealing supplies.
- Because I played it cool and handed the duffel bag to Randall, everyone was arrested, and taken back to Randall’s community safely and unharmed.
- Because I told Norma that Greg was lying about knowing Michonne and Pete, Norma order Randall and Zachary to do more interrogations leading to Greg getting shot and killed accidentally by Zachary
- Because I stop Sam from killing Zachary, Zachary helped Michonne, Pete, and Sam escape from lockdown.
Episode two: Give No Shelter Cause and Effects
- During the escape I told Pete not to give his self up to save us, but to stick with us.
- I picked up the phone during the flashback.
- I told Paige that Michonne tried to kill herself.
- I made Randall speak to Norma on the radio.
- I chose to spare Randall, because I needed him for the trade with Norma.
- Because I told Pete to stay with Michonne and Sam he didn’t get captured.
- Because I picked up the phone I learned more about Domic and her children.
- Because I told Paige that Michonne tried to kill herself it allowed her to trust Michonne quicker.
- Because I chose to Randall to speak to Norma on the radio, Norma was less hostile.
- Because I chose to spare Randall, Michonne became a better person.
Episode three: What We Deserve
- I chose to let Sam bury her farther.
- I chose to tell Alex that his father couldn’t come to him right now.
- I chose not to hand Randall over to Norma.
- I chose not to put Norma out of her misery.
- I chose to leave Michonne’s daughters behind her.
- Because I chose to let Sam bury her farther, it gave her a little time to grieve.
- Because I chose to tell Alex that his farther couldn’t come to him right now, I made him feel safe.
- Because I chose not to hand Randall over to Norma, it lead to the death of the boat community.
- Because I chose to put Norma out of her misery, it brought out her depression.
- Because I chose to put Michonne’s daughters behind her. She can finally move on.
The Walking Dead Michonne miniseries is a point and click game. There are many choices you have to make during the game, choices which will impact the game dramatically. There are quick time events that are seamless integrated into the game. There are times were you are in control of Michonne and you have to use certain items to get through certain obstacles or achieve certain objectives.
Telltale’s games are not known for their realistic graphics and that is not a bad thing. The character models and environment are animated in a 3 dimensional fashion. If you have played any of the previous Walking Dead games you will notice how similar the characters models are with exceptions of a few upgrades look. The world created is beautiful and vibrant and the colors really pop, and the game uses lighting to shade certain aspects of the environment or characters models.
The audio is crystal clear through the game, you shouldn’t have a problem interpreting voices from sound effects. Speaking of which the voice acting and sound effects in this game is incredible. I feel like with each character you can tell what they are feeling just by the sound of their voice. I found that the sounds effects match what it was trying to replicate. When Michonne was killing walkers it sounded like Michonne killing walkers on the television show. It all sounded realistic.
After I was done playing this game I was happy, sad, and thrilled all at the same time. I loved the story, I learned more about more about her past and where she was after the new beginning. I love the graphics. The animations did what it needed to do to tell the story and then some. The voice acting was perfect and so were sound effects. The main thing I really loved is that this game connects to the comics. I really don’t have any thing to complain about. To me, this game is amazing.