The Tomorrow Children will release exclusively on PS4 next month for those who are willing to purchase the “Early Access Founders” pack.
What is The Tomorrow Children you ask?
First and foremost TTC is a Free to Play game developed by Q-Games. It is set in an alternate future Soviet Union, in a world that has been destroyed by a failed science experiment. You play as a “Projection Clone” and you will be tasked to work with other players to restore civilization by gathering resources, rebuilding your town, building up defenses, and fighting against giant monsters. The graphics are quite impressive judging by the gameplay I have seen over the years. Every structure in the world has a very photo realistic look to it and the characters look like what would be used in stop motion animation.
What You Get if You Purchase the Early Access Founders Pack.
The only way you are able to play The Tomorrow Children on September 6th is by purchasing the Founders Pack which will cost you $19.99. The pack does tote some impressive hardware and incentives – Check out the details below:
- Bourgeoisie papers — This is your first step to becoming a resident of The Void. By earning the “rezidenty” status, player’s will have the privilege to participate in creating structures and items to build your town, access to new tools, and the ability to build your very own house within the town. Also includes five F2P invitations to send to friends.
- Lv1 Arms License — Unlocks access to higher-tier weapons at the weapons dealer in town (purchase items with in-game currency earned by completing various labor tasks).
- Lv1 Tools License — Unlocks access to higher tier tools at the tool dealer in town (purchase items with in-game currency earned by completing various labor tasks).
- Eagle Corp. Jetpack — This high-end Black Market paid item will take you to new heights, allowing you to reach otherwise inaccessible areas on tops of “islands” to mine resources and find hidden items.
- Special costume — “Miner Gear” costume to customize your in-game “projection clone” character.
- Exclusive PSN avatar pack — This is a pack containing three exclusive PSN avatars limited to the Founders Pack.
- 1000 Freeman Dollars — Currency that can be used at the black market to purchase a variety of high-powered weapons, tools, and more, and can also be used as bribes to government officials for quick personal benefit. (This is separate from the in-game credits collected from the town’s City Hall after completing various labor tasks, which are used at the normal vendors in town.)
- Bourgeoisie Paper holders will also receive five invitations to send to their friends, granting them access to the F2P game client before full public release. Invited comrades can enjoy the F2P game for free, and upgrade their experience with the Founders Pack if they choose.
Sony and developer Q games have stated that the Free to Play version will be released in the coming months for those who do not want to purchase the Founders Pack to get an early crack at the game. But, if you want access to The Tomorrow Children on September 6th, you may consider purchasing the Founders Pack.
Judging by what you have seen and heard of The Tomorrow Children is it worth investing $19.99 for early access or is this a wait for the full on Free to Play? Let us know your thoughts…in the comments below!