The developer 10tons has been bringing players great indie games for years now. 2018 will be no different as they plan to release a new title called Undead Horde. The game is a fantasy RPG that will be coming to Steam and consoles later this year. Tero Alatalo, the CEO of 10tons Ltd, had this to say about creating the new game, “In recent months, with JYDGE and Tesla vs Lovecraft, we’ve been able to sell thousands of units on launch week in Steam. This puts our games in the top 5% of new indie releases. We aim to repeat the specific steps leading up to this level of success with Undead Horde, and to surpass it with new efforts.” We have reviewed some of their games in the past like JYDGE and Time Recoil.
The game will give players the chance to play as the leader of the Undead Horde. Take up the mantle of the Necromancer and attack the land as you progress in the game. Level up your necromancer and take on harder areas as you get higher in level. Some of the features in the upcoming game include:
- Slay enemies and assimilate their corpses into your army
- Easy to get into RPG style hack, slash & cast action
- Find items, level up, and raise the dead to become more powerful
- Build up your Necromancer with items to suit your personal tastes and playstyle
- Procedural item generation: Endless number of items to loot, steal and buy – can you find the most epic ones?
- A vast world to explore and conquer – environments ranging from forests to catacombs.
The release date is set for 2018. You may notice that the Steam site does say November 12th. That would more than likely be just a placeholder date. Take a look at some images from the Pre-Alpha build in the gallery below.