Microsoft Corporate Vice President of Windows and Devices, Yusuf Mehdi revealed a bunch of juicy Windows 10 facts on Twitter today. The first of these was that Windows 10 was installed on more than 75 million devices (Tablets, PC’s and Phones). This is a huge jump from when it launched on July 29th, meaning that Windows 10 was installed on an average of 3 million devices a day since launch.
These are the facts in order:
- Windows 10 is installed on 75 million Devices
- Windows 10 is installed on devices in every country (192 total)
- More than 90,000 unique devices are running Windows 10
- Even devices released from 2007 were upgraded to Windows 10
- 122 years of gameplay were streamed from Xbox One to Windows 10
- 10 million achievements have been unlocked on the Windows 10 Xbox App
- Cortana has told 10 million jokes with the ‘Tell Me a Joke’ request
- The Windows 10 Store has seen a 6 fold increase in app downloads when compared to Windows 8
- Over 2,000 organizations are vying for the Global Partner slot in #UpgradeYourWorld
- The Rock, Lady Gaga and Kim Kardashian helped #UpgradeYourWorld
Except for the last one, these little, interesting facts shed a lot of light on how Windows 10 is doing out in the wild. With the first month practically over, Microsoft is well on their way to hitting that 1 billion devices in 3 years goal. In comparison, Windows 8 only managed to hit 100 million devices in 6 months.
The best fact for me was how much gaming was done using the Xbox One to PC game streaming. 122 years is quite a lot and shows that this ground-breaking feature is not as ‘useless’ as many have proclaimed.