The newest expansion for the “greatest” MMORPG has finally been given a release date. Blizzard’s World of Warcraft: Legion is set to invade your PC and Mac on August 30th. This is the sixth expansion for the World of Warcraft series. Blizzard explains what players will be up to in this new expansion:
“Following Warlords of Draenor, all hellfire breaks loose when the warlock Gul’dan, betrayer of the orcs and twisted servant of the Burning Legion, unleashes a demonic invasion force upon Azeroth unlike any the Horde and the Alliance have ever faced. To save their world from annihilation, heroes must unlock the mysteries of the mythic Broken Isles, master powerful Artifact weapons, and strike a forbidden pact with the Demon Hunters of the Illidari—vengeful disciples of the dreaded Illidan Stormrage.”
Players that pre-purchase Legion will receive an instant boost to 100 and early access to the new hero class Demon Hunter. The expansion will be available as a digital download for $49.99 or the digital deluxe for $69.99. The digital deluxe edition will give players an Illidari Felstalker mount & pet, a Felstalker mount for Heroes of the Storm, a helm transmog and wings for Diablo III, and a pair of fel-infused Starcraft II portraits. Now if your looking for the physical copy Blizzard has that too. The regular version is also $49.99 and a collector’s edition is priced at $89.99. The collector’s edition includes all of the digital deluxe stuff plus a full-colored hardcover art book, a Blu-Ray/DVD of behind the scenes of making the game, a copy of the soundtrack, and a Legion mousepad. Some retailers may be out of the collector’s so check around.
Some of the new features coming to World or Warcraft include:
- New Hero Class: Demon Hunter—Unleash the demon within as an all-new melee hero class gifted with preternatural mobility—and the ability to metamorphose into hellish new forms.
- New Feature: Artifact Weapons—Smite the Legion with class-specific weapons of lore. Unlock abilities and traits, and customize your weapon to suit your needs.
- New Continent: The Broken Isles—Discover the fate of a lost night elf civilization, confront twisted fragments of the Emerald Nightmare, and hunt agents of the Legion in all-new zones. Forge your own path through the Broken Isles as you explore content that dynamically scales to your level.
- Boost to Level 100—Come fully prepared to battle the Legion with a level-100 character boost, and fight alongside your friends in this epic new chapter of World of Warcraft—available immediately upon pre-purchase.
- New Feature: Class Hall—Gather with fellow members of your class and unite followers of your order—including iconic characters from Warcraft lore—to carry out missions at your command.
- New PvP Honor System—Fight for fame, glory, and a range of new PvP-specific powers as you face the opposing faction in Arenas and Battlegrounds.
World of Warcraft still has a monthly subscription of $15 but players also have the option to buy WoW Tokens with in-game gold. Hopefully, one our editors who breathes for World of Warcraft will have time to review the expansion when it hits stores on August 30th.