The latest Xbox One update is being released to users today. This Summer update brings with it some very cool features. This update not only affects the Xbox One, Windows 10 and the Xbox apps are getting an update. Lets take a look at what you can look forward to in this update.
One of the new features that will be included in the Summer update allow background music to play on the console. This will allow players to enjoy any of their favorite music from app like Pandora and iHeartRadio. Currently Pandora will be the only app that allows this feature. The other music apps will be update to allow this feature. Some of these features for the PC will actually role out at the same time as the new Xbox One S on August 2nd. This is known as the Windows 10 Anniversary update. Some of the other features in these updates include:
- Cortana – Improved voice commands along with greater accuracy are coming to players. Cortana can use either the headset or Kinect.
- Improved Game Collection – Find that game on your hard rive faster and more efficiently. This feature adds new tabs that include “Ready to Install’ and “Updates”.
- Language Region Independence – Players can pick any language no matter what location they may be in.
- Xbox and Windows Store convergence – Bringing the best of both worlds into one great online store.
- Facebook Friend Finder – Allows players the chance to find any friend that has and Xbox One on Facebook. Players can log in to Facebook through the Xbox One.
- Improved Sharing – Just like it sounds.
Windows 10 & Xbox App
- Top Windows 10 Games on Live – I just couldn’t of said it better. Here is a quote from Xbox Wire:”We’re bringing the top Windows 10 PC games like League of Legends and XCOM 2 together with the Xbox Live community. Meaning, your favorite Windows 10 PC games will have their own Game Hubs on Xbox Live.” Now players will be able to see what friends are playing on any platform including- Console, Mobile or PC.
- 60 fps Game Clip Sharing – Use the new “Very High’ option when picking the type of video quality. Using this will give that great gaming video 60 frames per second. This will be available on August 2nd.
- Windows Game Bar Full Screen Support- Will allow players to use the GameDVR with more games running in full-screen mode. Some of the games that will get this feature include: League of Legends, World of Warcraft, and DOTA2.
The new Xbox app will also be available for players that use either an Android or iOS phone. This app will bring players all the same information on the phone that the other Xbox app on PC does. Let us know at TICGN if your excited about these features in the comment section below. Don’t forget you can tell xbox the other feats you want by click the link here.