Nintendo of Japan has released a new trailer for Kirby Star Allies that shows off a selection of playable frenemies.
This video serves to introduce the playable roster for the demo that Nintendo is currently showcasing at the World Hobby Fair. The characters featured in the trailer are:
- Poppy Bros. Jr. — The bomb-throwing minion with a pointy hat
- Blade Knight — An armored knight that fights with a sword
- Burning Leo — This character with fiery hair can turn into a fireball while launching itself forward
- Parasol Waddle Dee — The simplest of minions wielding the most versatile of weapons
- Chilly — The snowman
- Sir Kibble — This knight uses the crest on its helmet as both a boomerang and a blade
- Gim — One of the new additions to the Kirby bestiary, this mechanical monstrosity is adept in the art of yo-yo combat
- Waddle Doo — The cyclops with a deadly gaze, now with a fool’s cap and magic scepter similar to Beam Kirby
Each character seems to play similar to the way Kirby does after absorbing their power. The video also gives us a look at how the characters can contribute to team combination abilities.
Kirby Star Allies will launch simultaneously in Japan, North America, and Europe on March 16, 2018. The platformer will only be available on the Switch.