There has been speculation for a while now regarding whether or not the new game that Rocksteady (the company behind the Arkham series) is about Superman. Now some interesting details have been leaked that gets me excited. As with all unconfirmed rumors on the internet, be sure to take this with a grain of salt since there was no official announcement from Rocksteady or Warner Brothers. Let’s get into it, shall we?
In a thread on 4chan, an anonymous source states the following:
- -Made by Rocksteady
- – Unreal Engine 4
- – Big open world Metropolis(about 3 times the size of Arkham Knight with a lot more
- – Can’t play as Clark Kent
- – Main villain is Brainiac
- – Nerfed Superman (TAS Levels)
- – Semi-destructible environments(think AK, no buildings are falling over)
- – Combat system integrates the flying (kind of like DBZ, you can punch someone then zoom towards them and repeat)
- – Set within the Arkhamverse
- – Tons of easter eggs to Superman’s lore, and some to the events that took place in the Batman Arkham Franchise
If that doesn’t have you excited then there’s more. The anonymous source also states that Rocksteady and WB Montreal are also working on a multiplayer game together and refers to a job posting on Rocksteady’s website. There may also be a Justice League game planned down the line once the Superman game is finished and that an official announcement could drop before E3.
This is great news ,especially for fans of the Iconic Hero. If all of these rumors are true we should be in for a real treat.